Monday, January 29, 2018

Solidarity to Pablo Hasel


Spain: “They want to condemn me to 2 years in prison for writing songs”

 

Every day we have to endure all kinds of defenders of fascism and absolutely nothing happens; on the contrary, fascists are even defended by the police when they protest, they have TV channels, newspapers, public finance etc.
However, saying that those who throw families out on the streets deserve to be punished is considered defending terrorism. They accuse me of not feeling bad if something happens to those who condemn us to poverty and precariousness. They judge me because they cannot stand our struggle to end the constant injustices and the fact that my music makes people think.

On the 10th of next month, I will be sitting in the National Court accused of what they call “defending terrorism”, because of a few songs and writings in which I express my hatred for the oppressors, those responsible for the intolerable situation we are experiencing, those guilty of a continuous genocide. We were informed on such short notice so we do not have the time to prepare a campaign for the freedom of expression and for acquittal.

Every day we have to endure all kinds of defenders of fascism and absolutely nothing happens, on the contrary, they are even defended by police when they protest, they have TV channels, newspapers, public finance, etc.. Singing that migrants should be killed, as many Nazi groups do, is not punishable and it is normal that the police has just murdered 15 migrants. However, saying that those who throw families out on the street deserve to be punished is considered defending terrorism. They accuse me for not feeling bad if something happens to those who condemn us to poverty and precariousness. They judge me because they cannot stand that we struggle to end the constant injustices and that my music makes people think.

Two and a half years ago I was detained on the street and ten policemen searched my house taking many things as dangerous as notebooks, books, t-shirts, photographs, computers, etc. Not only mine, but also my family’s. Then I was taken to the police station in Madrid and, after being interrogated, I was left lying in a cell with no access to the toilet and nothing to lie down on or cover myself with. The next day I went to court and was released with charges.

There is only one month for the acquittal campaign and this, as well as the displacement for the trial, the lawyer, etc, will have a cost. So I give a friend’s account number, because I do not have any bank account, for anyone who wants to make a solidarity contribution, however small (2100-0512-02-0101223457 Caixa). In this case even the smallest one helps. If, after the trial, there is any of that money left, it will be donated for solidarity to the political prisoners. However, support for the campaign might not be just financial, denouncing their repression is support enough. Thanks in advance to all those who reach out in the fight for acquittal and against such abuse to the most basic freedom.

People should get to know that in this country there is complete freedom of expression only for the fascists and, on the other side, there are people detained and brought to court for expressing their ideas about social justice.

Source: X-pressed

No comments:

Post a Comment